eating indy

Steer In…for the real deal.

The Steer In has been a staple in Indy’s food scene for a long time;and with good reason.When we first sat down I couldn’t help but notice my neighbor’s plate of meatloaf.A big slab with potatoes and gravy;the perfect elixir for a chilly,rainy day.But I resisted the impulse to order it immediately and went through the menu.They have an extensive new menu.Matter of fact it’s so complete that if you can’t find something to eat either you aren’t hungry or you are too picky to eat out.They offer pizza,with fresh made dough and with that comes various Italian style sandwiches.They also have a section of favorites that includes among other things the aforementioned meatloaf and beef and noodles;which is what I had.Tender chunks of beef with spaetzle style noodles.The noodle choice was an excellent one; just enough “tooth”to balance the smoothness of the real mashed potatoes.They even serve Hoosier green beans;cooked down with bacon.Not that easy to find.Pat wanted a stuffed pizza;which we had on good authority was excellent.However figure on a 40 minute wait time;so he got a mushroom, jack burger instead.And of course it was great;their burgers are always great.Our other companion;Jim; ordered a Pizza Bomb.Toasted Hoagie bread with pepperoni,salami,peppers and onions,topped with red sauce and cheese.It gave him a Happy Danish face,actually we all had Happy faces when we got through.The pictures on this post were all taken by me with my camera phone;they’re not so hot.Trust me the food is a lot better than the photos.They just started delivery service;I don’t know the delivery area but if you fall into that zone consider yourself a lucky eater.Steer-In on Urbanspoon

1. RickySue

The Beef and Noodles always give me Happy German Face, Das is Good!!

November 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm

• JA JA ist vunderbar,Pat probably had a happy German Face too.Jimmy was the odd ball.

November 5, 2011 at 6:38 pm

• RickySue

once an odd ball, always a odd ball, would we have him any other way?

November 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm

2. Were he any other way I wouldn’t recognize him.

November 5, 2011 at 8:44 pm

3. Hi there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re using?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.

Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

September 30, 2014 at 9:13 am

• I use WordPress.The basic site is free.You can buy your domain for a nominal yearly fee, as well as add on various bells and whistles. I hope this link helps https://wordpress.org/
      Good Luck.