Ale Emporium 8617 Allisonville Road

Ale Emporium 003

I really like old school bars and taverns. I like the dark and quiet ambience. Except when you try to take a picture with a smart phone, well at least with my smart phone. Unless I have really good light my pictures are not too good. But I guess it is better than Pat and I making drawings.

Pat promoted this joint because of their pizza. A good pie is always a good reason to visit. So Pat ordered a salad and large slice.

Ale Emporium 008

Ale Emporium 019

Ale Emporium 011

I wanted soup and a large slice. The SOD was Gumbo. This had to be left over from Fat Tuesday so I ordered a bowl. Gumbo is one of several dishes better as a left over.

Ale Emporium 006

The Gumbo was pretty good. A nice broth with a good dose of cayenne and all the usual suspects in side. Chicken,shrimp and the Trinity. I prefer my roux to be darker and my sauce to have more leg to it. But it hit the spot on this 17 degree day. I wanted a sausage and pepperoni slice.

Ale Emporium 014

The pie was outstanding. I don’t know if you can see it or not but the cheese was nicely browned, as a good pie demands. I thought everything was spot on. The sauce, the large pepperoni slices, the crumbly sausage and the huge amount of cheese. The crust had a really nice tooth and stood up well to its big load. This was their standard crust. They also have a thin and a pan. The pan is similar to what some folks would call a deep dish. They offer a 10 inch pan,which is what I am having when I go back.

Being a fully functional bar they have beer and liquor specials,so that is worthy of consideration. It is a huge place and an attractive place and the service is excellent.

Ale Emporium 015

Ale Emporium 017

The above pictures are of the bar area. The partial wall and its booths are all part of the bar seating. Our server Cindy was handling the area. Booth customers as well as bar patrons. Plus she had to deal with several carry out orders. I think she did one heck of a job. Thank you Cindy and thanks kitchen dudes for our pizza.

Ale Emporium Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1. I like Ale Emporium, but The Mister LOVES it! He loves a pizza called Porky Pig 🙂

February 10, 2016 at 5:11 pm

• Yeah I saw that on the menu. So many good things to eat and so little time.

February 10, 2016 at 5:14 pm

• I had to look,but have you been to Puccini’s Pizza. They have a “sweei lil razorback” pie with pepperoni,smoked sausage and bacon. I think Ale’s Pig Pie sounds better. I was stuffed but thinking about the mountain of cheese and the large sandwich size pepperoni slices is going to make me hungry again.

February 10, 2016 at 5:26 pm

2. Isn’t that interesting how some soups taste better the next day? I notice that also with pozole and sometimes tortilla soup (w/ fresh tortilla strips the next day). Wow, 17 degrees. My skin has never had to feel that. Crazy talk. I can see how a warm soup and yummy browned cheesy, toothy-crusted meat pizza could hit the spot.

I don’t know, though, Benson–y’all could try and draw some pics next time. 🙂 But if the problem with getting old is remembering, you’ll probably forget!

February 10, 2016 at 9:45 pm

• Ha. You hit the nail on the head. We would forget. There probably is a scientific reason for soups and stews improving with age,but I don’t recall. You are so right 17 degrees suck;especially since the day before it was 40;and the day before that it was 60. Oh how I love pozole. Now that I can find here,I just can’t find a good green chile. Tell me do you have menudo in yours?.

February 11, 2016 at 7:03 am

• No, I haven’t been strong enough to brave menudo. We just put pork roast in it. I don’t like slimy or jiggly meat LOL.

February 11, 2016 at 9:56 am

• I can cook with it but I can’t eat it.

February 11, 2016 at 10:08 am