Turf Catering & Kitchen 8155 Castleway Court W. Suite C.

Turf's 006

Turf's 003

Usually when I see Suite in an address for a restaurant I figure it is one slot in a big building in a strip mall. Well this place is in a slot, a tiny one at that. However the big building only has 2 businesses. Turf’s on the far end and a big old muffler place. I would guess it is in a quasi industrial use area. Unusual for a restaurant but not so for a caterer. The place is 90 percent kitchen with minimal space for sitting and ordering and the walk in cooler on the outside. Another thing they have is exceptional food.

Turf's 005

Turf's 004

I learned of this place from a food blog. The writer was really excited about the grilled cheese and the Crogue as well as the pimento cheese. Everything was very tempting but I opted for the short rib sandwich and a side of pimento cheese. The picture of the menu board isn’t that legible so at the end I am including a scan of the menu. They have a very impressive set of side dishes at a more than respectable price.

Turf's 013

Their pimento cheese was wonderful. Creamy and cheesy. Some of the best I have had,and with their homemade bread it could be a meal all by itself.

Turf's 011

The short rib and cheese sandwich was excellent as well. Super rich and with a sweetness from the red onion jam that would make it an excellent dining companion with an IPA. Alas they only offer soft drinks. I especially liked the char they put on the bread. That always adds a new dimension of flavor.

Turf's 010

Pat was really excited about this place once he was told that he could substitute on their menu.

Turf's 009

Turf's (2)

Turf's 008

As the sign noted they have only been open since 2013. Their main bag is catering so I am glad they decided to serve lunch during the week. Since they are caterers I am sure they have a propensity for fresh product more so than the average restaurant. I am in full agreement with Pat. Anyone planning on a catered affair with these guys, let us know.

Turf's 007

Turf's

TURF Catering + Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1. Oooh, red onion jam! (Which is the opposite of Ew, red onion jam). You guys scored on this one. And what creative sides, too! I’d have had to plunk down $4 for the bread pudding.

August 13, 2016 at 3:27 pm

• Believe me were I not so full I would have definitely got some. I took home half of my sandwich and half of the cheese and bread; so I definitely got my money’s worth.

August 13, 2016 at 4:55 pm

2. I’m glad my supper’s almost done, because my mouth is watering!
    I want that black & bleu burger, yes I do, and some bread pudding! And because of this post, I’m going to make some pimiento cheese sammiches this week! Mmm! 😛 It’s been too long.
    I gotta check this place out! 🙂 Thanks!

August 13, 2016 at 4:31 pm

• I don’t think you will be disappointed. They are open from 11 to 3. I think I want it all. The kid working the counter said that I could take a look at their smoker but they got busy so I didn’t. Pimento cheese sammiches with sweet tea. Toss in a Moon Pie and you could almost hear the banjo.

August 13, 2016 at 5:08 pm

• Mmm, yes. There’s a place in downtown Savannah, Leopold’s, famous for ice cream, but they make a killer pimiento sammich, too. 🙂

August 13, 2016 at 5:49 pm

• Thanks I will keep that in mind should I ever make it to Savannah. In the mean time I will have to make do with my own concoction. What makes a truly killer pimento cheese?

August 13, 2016 at 8:22 pm

• It has to be freshly grated cheddar, and not too sharp. The mayo has to be mixed in first, carefully, with elbow grease and not a processor, left a lil dry before the pimientos go in.

I am not slobbering, and if I am, it’s because there are brownies in the oven. 😉

August 13, 2016 at 8:53 pm

• One should always grate their cheese. I knew a lady from the Carolinas that would add cream cheese and seasoning. It was pretty good but I think I prefer a simpler cheese.

August 13, 2016 at 9:01 pm

• There are plenty of complicated things that have to be complicated. For me, this particular thing is tasty in its simplicity 🙂

August 13, 2016 at 9:25 pm

• Here here. Nicely put.

August 13, 2016 at 9:30 pm

• 😀

August 13, 2016 at 10:49 pm

3. Hey! Just read your blog. Thanks for featuring TURF Catering + Kitchen. I hope you have been back since you were first here!
    Rachael

March 14, 2017 at 2:19 pm

• Sorry to say I haven’t. I fully intend to I just haven’t taken the time. The food is too good for a one and done.

March 14, 2017 at 2:39 pm