Turn 3 Chicken and Waffle @ Flat 12 Bierwerks 414 Dorman Street

Flat 12 is the brewery that housed Hoagies and Hops. It was independent from the brewery. As I understand Turn 3 is an adjunct to the brewery. They have only been open for about one month and they are taking it slow with 4 items only. Curiously all of their food is breakfast oriented.

The only thing I really wanted to try was the dish the joint was named after, and I was dubious of that. I couldn’t develop much enthusiasm for a “battered” chicken breast. As it turns out the chicken was coated with a “waffle breading” and I was more than happy with the results.

The chicken breast was beautifully crisp, plump and moist and the waffle was as good as any I have had. They only have Sriracha in-house. That is an excellent hot sauce I am just accustomed to a more Louisiana type sauce with its vinegar tang. They serve 2 solos of syrup but ask for their Sriracha and honey blend they are experimenting with. It works really well.

So I went in skeptical but left a believer. Looking forward to seeing this joint grow. They have exciting times ahead.

One last thing about their waffles. They use Flat 12 Cream Ale to mix the batter. Batter Up.

1. I would like to try all but that one. Seriously, that breakfast pizza description had me drooling!
    What’s their parking like?

May 4, 2019 at 5:47 pm

• Really? The parking is on the street but they have several spots. There is a lot across the street that I think belongs to Smoking Goose. They are only open to the public once a month so I don’t think they would mind if Bonny Blue took a rest there.

May 4, 2019 at 5:59 pm

• Yeah. I had chicken and waffles several places, and then in Atlanta, supposedly THE best. Not my thing.
        Thanks for the parking info 🙂

May 4, 2019 at 8:19 pm

• I get .it I just thought the other stuff was a bit more boring and I had to eat something.

May 5, 2019 at 10:59 am

2. Interesting pairing! Always better to be nicely surprised.

May 5, 2019 at 8:11 pm

• It sure is. Have you encountered that duo in Texas? It has been fashionable around here for a while. Actually this was the first time I have eaten it. I wouldn’t mind it again, but I think with a bone in breast with skin. I just love crispy chicken skin.

May 6, 2019 at 7:23 am

• I’m with you on crispy chicken skin. No, I have encountered that particular pairing.

May 6, 2019 at 10:06 am