Olympia Greek Cuisine 215 Terrace Ave.

This is a brand new joint. The building has housed 2 other restaurants in the past but this fellow went all out on decorating the place inside and out. He did a splendid job on the decor and it appears his food will be as lovely.

When you eat Greek you need some flaming cheese. And of course what is cheese without wine.

This was such an excellent start to our lunch. I can not think of a better cheese course that I have had. Another plate with some olives thrown in would have made me a meal.

Pat was finally able to get his fave since they use a minimal amount of onion. I usually default for Dolmades but I wanted something more substantial; so I went for moussaka

This joint has me hooked. Their version of Moussaka was great. They also have a good selection of seafood dishes. That is not too common around here.

Even if you know nothing of Greek food this place should still be added to your list. Good cooking is Universal and this joint puts out some good food.

1. OOOOH! A new Greek place to try! I added this to my list, thanks! 🙂

October 31, 2020 at 6:25 pm

• I think you will like this place. However they really need an olive appetizer. In my estimation.

November 1, 2020 at 8:39 am

• Yes yes, Parthenon’s cheese and olive plate was my FAVE!

November 1, 2020 at 8:54 am

• That would be great, but I was talking of something like olives al for no you go with the Saganaki. Yum. That with wine and pitas. Beautiful thing.

November 1, 2020 at 9:01 am

2. That should read for no and to go with.

November 1, 2020 at 9:03 am

3. I’ve never heard of flaming cheese! I imagine all Greek restaurants go with the blue and white that matches the country, no? Greek food would be a nice change from the norm.

November 2, 2020 at 10:30 pm

• Flaming cheese is pretty good. It is quite the sight. It is cooked in the kitchen and the server pours ouzo or brandy over it and then lights it. As it flames everyone shouts Opa. Those Greeks.

November 2, 2020 at 10:38 pm